Are you the one who think that Italian food is all about pasta, sauce and pizza? If this is the case, then it’s the right time to think again. You’ll be amazed to know that some of the most amazing foods in the whole world are Italian dishes. However, these are the ones that most people have never heard of in their lives. Normally, these dishes are regional in nature.
We’re here to discuss some of the most common facts in regard to the Italian food. Just have a glance over some of the below-mentioned facts that you may not have perceived before:
- Italians eat an exceptional bread-cake called il panettone on Christmas.
- On every 1st. of January, a number of Italians eat lentils. They eat this to get the good luck in the new year.
- While at Easter, Italians eat an especially baked bread-cake in the appearance of a dove. Normally, this is called la Colomba.
- Italian people don’t drink coffee the way we do.
In Italy, you’ll never see an Italian individual asking for a Cappuccino after 11 am. Their coffee post meal will merely be an espresso.
- You’ll be amazed to know that there are more than 450 pasta shapes in Italy and almost as many kinds of sauce.
- In the 1600s corn was introduced to Italy. In fact, this is the necessary ingredient of Italian polenta.
- Pasta should always be eaten al dente. This means “to the tooth,” as it is not only delicious but quite easier to digest as well.
- Pasta Corta can also be classified into 2 distinct sections. These will be: “Pasta liscia” (regular) and “penne rigate” (furrowed) which can hold the extra sauce.
- Italian wedding soup is not a usual soup served at most of the marriages.
- Every year February 13th is been celebrated and admired as National “Eat Italian Food” Day.
- The common individual in Italy consumes more than 50 pounds of pasta each year. Whereas a common individual in America consumes approximately 15 pounds every year.
- Do you know that most of the Italian people have pasta at least once in their whole day? This is indeed true. But that does not indicate they people have the same pasta each and every day! As a matter of fact, there so many different ways to have pasta, along with different toppings and seasonings, that they never get tired off.